Thursday 26 May 2016

Book Challenge : Day 01 : Best book you read last year


I didn't read plenty of books last year. I was too busy with my job, my life, moving to a new home and planning my backpack trip to Japan last year, I couldn't focus on reading so much. But I remember some of the books that I read were so good.

The best book I read last year was SIX SUSPECTS by Vikas Swarup. This is a unique whodunit mystery book as it was written based on the POV of six persons, all of them were the suspects of a murder. The deceased was the son of the Home Minister of Uttar Pradesh. I like this book as I like this genre. Whodunit mysteries always excites me and I feel that this book is different because there is no detective in it. The book was divided in different sections, all written neatly in the POV of the suspects respectively.


Seven years ago, Vivek 'Vicky' Rai, the playboy son of the Home Minister of Uttar Pradesh, murdered Ruby Gill at a trendy restaurant in New Delhi simply because she refused to serve him a drink. Now Vicky Rai is dead, killed at his farmhouse at a party he had thrown to celebrate his acquittal. The police search each and every guest. Six of them are discovered with guns in their possession. In this elaborate murder mystery we join Arun Advani, India's best-known investigative journalist, as the lives of these six suspects unravel before our eyes: a corrupt bureaucrat; an American tourist; a stone-age tribesman; a Bollywood sex symbol; a mobile phone thief; and an ambitious politician. Each is equally likely to have pulled the trigger. Inspired by actual events, Vikas Swarup's eagerly awaited second novel is both a riveting page turner and an insightful peek into the heart and soul of contemporary India.

No comments:

Post a Comment